Compassion, Affordability and Accessibility
Grateful Heart Holistic Therapy Center provides psychotherapy to children, teenagers and adults of all ages. Our services are offered in multiple languages in more than 60 conveniently located satellite offices throughout the Bay Area. In addition to individuals, we assist couples and families, including those pursuing non-traditional relationships or alternative lifestyles. More than 60 clinicians are retained by our agency, each selected for their dedication to providing compassionate, accessible, affordable psychological service and support to our clients. Eclectically trained, and practicing with a holistic philosophy or orientation, most integrate a somatic, psychodynamic or transpersonal approach in their work. Whatever your identification, affiliation, background, orientation, lifestyle or gender expression, we promise to provide you with the highest quality care tailored to your specific needs and goals.
Integrative Care with a Holistic Focus
- Assumes that we all have the innate capacity for change and healing.
- Regards each client, not their condition, as the center of focus.
- Understands the impact of a person’s circumstances and history in their experience of life.
- Integrates multiple approaches to the process of psychotherapy.
- Seeks to address the root of a difficulty, not only its symptoms.
- Regards the mind, body and spirit as equally important in the cultivation of well-being.
- Encourages compassionate, mindful awareness of one’s whole experience.
- Fosters reflection, contemplation and a gradual opening to one’s deeper experience.
- Facilitates an exploration of life as an opportunity for development and learning.
- Emphasizes the importance of a safety for optimal healing.
- Offers a powerful and direct way to become aware of choices.
Dedication to Integrity
As a client of Grateful Heart Holistic Therapy Center, we promises to:
- Treat you respectfully, thoughtfully and ethically, holding your welfare as our highest imperative.
- Listen to you attentively.
- Communicate with you honestly.
- Respect your right to engage in psychotherapy at your own pace
- Seek to understand you and your life and world from your own perspective.
- Attend to your psychological needs thoughtfully, skillfully and ethically.
- Provide therapeutic guidance, insight and reflections responsive to your particular needs, circumstance and goals.
- Invite you to share your thoughts and feelings with me, including regarding the process of therapy and how it affects you, and whether you are receiving what you want and need.
- Regard you as a whole and complex person, inherently valuable and with many qualities and attributes beyond the difficulties, symptoms or vulnerabilities you may be experiencing.
- Respect your right to direct and govern your own life, including to decide when you wish to discontinue the process of psychotherapy.
- Help you recognize and draw upon your natural capacities and strengths to attain or sustain the well-being you desire.
- Encourage you to seek alternative or adjunctive assistance if necessary to meet your needs.
- Offer you psycho-educational information that may be helpful in broadening your awareness of those needs, situation, circumstance or experience we discuss.
Experienced and Responsive
Our therapists are skilled in helping with a wide range of life challenges and needs, including:
- Addiction and recovery
- Bereavement and loss
- Body image or distortion
- Career confusion or change
- Chronic or life-threatening illness
- Conflicts with spouses, partners, family members, co-workers and others
- Creative blocks
- Cultural identity and expression
- Domestic violence
- Emotional dysregulation
- Employment-related stresses and conflicts
- Financial stress and mismanagement
- Confusion or conflicts regarding gender identity or sexual orientation
- Interpersonal conflicts
- Sexual orientation
- Spiritual identity and practice
- Chronic stress