- Licensed Marriage and Family Therapist
Master of Arts, Counseling Psychology
Is the state of the world making you question your purpose and direction in life? Therapy can help bring more clarity. Video sessions available at this time.
Do you have a hard time speaking up and expressing yourself? Do you have such empathy for others and the world that it can get in your way of knowing what you truly want and need?
When you anticipate a conflict or someone who may have a differing opinion than you, you tend to keep quiet to maintain the peace. Although you embrace this kind and gentle part of you that is what others see, you know there is more to you than these parts. You are capable, accountable, and have achieved a lot. There is more fire in you that wants to come out in the world and make things happen.
I can help you access the other parts of you that the world doesn’t get to see, the parts that you don’t acknowledge in you but can see and admire in others, and the parts that once they are allowed to come out can help you navigate life with less doubt, more ease and clarity.
I have lived in and grown up with two very different cultures, from the East and from the West, which inform my expanded way of understanding the world. LGBTQ matters have played an important role in my own personal life as well as in the lives of my clients. Just like many of my clients, I have life dreams and creative endeavors that I work towards realizing. Meditation has been a big resource in my life since I was a child. Its role and my meditation practice continue to evolve. The relationship with my clients is a flow of back and forth exchange and I find that my clients continually inspire me.
I have experience working with:
- Individuals seeking support around speaking up and using their voices
- Artists, musicians, and other creatives
- Individuals and couples planning or going through life transitions or making life decisions
- Grief and loss
- Self-esteem, self-confidence, and self-compassion
- Immigrants or those from immigrant families
- LGBTQ individuals and couples
- Anxiety, depression, insomnia, and OCD
- Individuals seeking more direction, meaning, and purpose in their life
- Individual and couples seeking more personal and spiritual growth
- Individuals and couples having relational difficulties
I’m warm, compassionate, open minded, nonjudgmental, and leave lots of space for you to talk. I also do jump in, ask lots of questions, get curious about your world with you, and observe out loud the patterns and themes that I see. I am able to dive as deep with you as you'd like. At the same time, I am also practical and can help you integrate depth work into everyday life and develop skills to deal with life's challenges.
- Young Adult: 18-25
- Adults: 25-65
- Seniors: 65+
- Premarital Couples
- Persons in Polyamorous Relationships
- Persons with Disabilities
- Experiential Therapy
- Gestalt Therapy
- Humanistic Therapy
- Mindfulness-Based Stress Reduction
- Psychodynamic Psychotherapy
- Relational Psychotherapy
Mindfulness-Based Self-Compassion; Internal Family Systems; Jungian-Informed Psychotherapy
- Credit Card
211 Gough Street, San Francisco, CA 94102
- Monday Afternoon
- Monday Evening
- Tuesday Afternoon
- Tuesday Evening
- Wednesday Afternoon
- Wednesday Evening
- Thursday Afternoon
- Thursday Evening
Please email me at email@example.com for a free 15 minute phone consultation to see if we are a good fit.
Rawna Romero, LMFT 41466