- Registered Associate Professional Clinical Counselor
APCC 7397 (CA), LMHC 009640 (NY)
Master of Arts, Clinical Mental Health Counseling
Licensed Mental Health Counselor
I work best with people who are wanting to move towards self-actualization and are open to looking at things from a new perspective. I believe that therapy is a process that takes work outside of our time together. I will hold your personal experiences and understanding in high regard, because I believe you already have what it takes to heal. My role is to help you uncover that strength and knowledge.
- Codependency and attachment wounds
- Complex trauma, intergenerational trauma, and PTSD
- Grief and Loss
- Developing strong communication tools
- Burnout, family caregiving stress, or lack of self-care
- Self-acceptance, shame, and guilt
- Spiritual or existential issues
- Harm reduction or abstinence based approaches to substance abuse
I have a bachelor of arts degree in neuroscience and religion from Arcadia University, followed by a master of arts in clinical mental health counseling from Marywood University. My work has primarily been with individuals and groups, addressing addiction, trauma recovery, anxiety, codependency, and relationship issues.
My approach to therapy is rooted in a holistic and humanistic perspective, but I also pull from other theoretical approaches such as attachment, relational, psychodynamic, and internal family systems theory. I offer skills in CBT, DBT, ACT, narrative therapy, trauma-focused, and somatic therapies. As your therapist I will bring my own personal healing experience and work collaboratively with you as you uncover deeper truths.
- Young Adult: 18-25
- Adults: 25-65
- Seniors: 65+
- Formerly Incarcerated Individuals
- Gender Fluid or Gender Non-Conforming Individuals
- LGBTQIAA+ persons
- Persons Recovering from Traumatic Events/Experiences
- Persons Struggling with/Recovering from Addiction
- Persons with Histories of Physical or Emotional Abuse
- Persons with Disabilities
- Spiritual Seekers/Practitioners
- Cognitive Behavioral Therapy
- Dialectical Behavioral Therapy
Acceptance Commitment Therapy (ACT), Internal Family Systems (IFS)
Due to the Covid-19 pandemic, I am only seeing clients via telehealth until further notice. We use Zoom or phone. I am registered in California and licensed in New York, and therefore can only see clients who are located in California or New York.
- Credit Card
50 minute session: $150; 75 minute session: $225
Please feel free to contact me via phone or email for a free 15-minute phone consultation.
Rawna Romero LMFT 41466