- Registered Associate Professional Clinical Counselor
- Licensed Professional Clinical Counselor
APCC 7397 (CA), LMHC 009640 (NY)
Master of Arts, Clinical Mental Health Counseling
As we move through life, we are not always given the resources we need to grow and evolve. We may feel overwhelmed, wondering if we’re on the right path. My work as a therapist is to help you uncover your own intuition, courage, and strength. Together we’ll explore what happens when you feel overwhelmed with fear or anxiety so you can learn how to feel more at ease.
It wasn’t until my own healing journey that I realized I wanted to be a therapist. I spent a lot of time exploring my own thoughts and feelings, which gave space for me to heal and grow. As a therapist I know what it is like to be faced with necessary change that initially seems impossible. I also know that the opportunity to be fully seen, heard, and witnessed without judgement is one of the most healing experiences we can have.
When I am not working you can find me reading, exploring nature, creating art, discovering ways to support environmental sustainability, or learning something new.
I have a bachelor of arts degree in neuroscience and religion from Arcadia University, followed by a master of arts in clinical mental health counseling from Marywood University. My work has primarily been with individuals and groups, addressing relationship issues, anxiety, addiction, and major life transitions.
My therapy style is authentic and intuitive. I provide mindfulness-based and trauma informed therapy to individuals who want to learn more about themselves or grow out of old patterns. I have a special interest in addiction, trauma recovery, and spiritual exploration. I can also offer you tools for coping with anxiety, depression, low self-esteem, or stress.
- Young Adult: 18-25
- Adults: 25-65
- Seniors: 65+
- Formerly Incarcerated Individuals
- Gender Fluid or Gender Non-Conforming Individuals
- Persons Recovering from Domestic Violence
- Persons Recovering from Traumatic Events/Experiences
- Persons Struggling with/Recovering from Addiction
- Persons with Histories of Physical or Emotional Abuse
- Persons with Disabilities
- Spiritual Seekers/Practitioners
- Cognitive Behavioral Therapy
- Dialectical Behavioral Therapy
- Mindfulness-Based Stress Reduction
- Trauma-Informed Psychotherapy
Acceptance Commitment Therapy (ACT)
I am currently offering online counseling (telehealth) sessions for California and New York residents for short-term or long-term work.
- Credit Card
2711 Alcatraz Ave., Berkeley, CA 94705
- Tuesday Morning
- Tuesday Afternoon
- Tuesday Evening
- Wednesday Morning
- Thursday Morning
- Thursday Afternoon
- Friday Morning
Please feel free to contact me for a free 20-minute phone consultation to see if I could be of service to you.
Rawna Romero LMFT 41466