- Registered Associate Marriage and Family Therapist
Master of Arts, Counseling Psychology
I can help by joining you in exploring your anxiety, your fear, your grief, and your relationships. Together we will be able to look at patterns which may be negatively impacting your ability to function and unravel them for a more fulfilling and satisfying life.
Therapy can help you:
• Decide how to have strong relationships with appropriate people
• Share what you hate and love about yourself and others
• Better communicate your needs and wants
• Discover ways to be kinder to yourself
The world is often unwelcoming of those who do not conform to the status quo. Therapy should be a space in which you can be validated and heard without having to educate your therapist about the merits of your lifestyle or your social position.
I received my bachelor of science degree in behavioral health counseling from Drexel University in Philadelphia and my master’s degree in counseling psychology with a focus in community mental health from the California Institute of Integral Studies in San Francisco.
I value humor, play, creativity, exploration, feminism, pragmatism, and the chance to build healthy relationships with emotions that we are usually told to squash. Although we are taught to separate our intellect from our emotions, it is important to remember that we can have physical manifestations of our emotions and that our bodies can affect our thoughts.
As your therapist, I will collaborate with you to find the tools that best suit you and your needs. I welcome your weirdness.
- Youth: 12-18
- Young Adult: 18-25
- Adults: 25-65
- Persons in Polyamorous Relationships
- Formerly Incarcerated Individuals
- Gender Fluid or Gender Non-Conforming Individuals
Persons Practicing Atheism, Agnosticism, Polytheism, or Otherwise Non-Conforming Spiritual or Magick Practices; Social Anxiety; People
- Cognitive Behavioral Therapy
- Mindfulness-Based Stress Reduction
- Psychodynamic Psychotherapy
- Psychoanalytic Psychotherapy
- Relational Psychotherapy
- Trauma-Informed Psychotherapy
- Credit Card
Only working remotely at this time
- Monday Afternoon
- Wednesday Afternoon
- Friday Afternoon
I am accepting new clients anywhere in the state of California for remote video or phone psychotherapy sessions.
You are welcome to contact me by phone, e-mail, or the contact form on my website to discuss any questions or concerns you may have about working together. I generally respond within one business day.
We will start out with a free 15-20 minute phone consultation to make sure we are a good fit.
Ali Kimmell, LCSW 67173