- Registered Associate Marriage and Family Therapist
Ketki Chavan, M.A., AMFT #126822 Associate Marriage & Family Therapist M.A in Counseling Psychology & Expressive Arts Therapy
Liberating people of color & couples from cultural, sexual, & religious trauma through
trauma informed approaches, decolonized cultural practices, and art & dance
movement therapies. You CAN reclaim your multicultural identities, womanhood, body,
sexuality, & spirituality, so that you can reclaim your power and live your life. What
blocks you from stepping into your power? I will listen to you:
● “My cultural upbringing & painful past experiences hold me back…I just want to
feel safe enough to be myself”
● “I want to make my immigrant parents proud but I also want to live my life &
dreams…am I worthy of love?”
● “It feels like I’m a bridge between multiple lands & cultures but belong to
neither…I feel alone and want my community.”
● ”Sex, sensuality, my body, & intimacy bring me discomfort & shame…but I want
to feel connected to my body & sexuality.”
● “ My toxic partners & extremist religions always told me I was wrong…now I
always feel like I’m doing something wrong and want to trust myself more.”
● “Being a woman with fluctuating cycles & hormones in a hustle work culture is
overwhelming …I just want to slow down & feel more feminine.”
As a South Asian, Indian American woman, I know what this journey entails. You don’t have to embark on this path alone. My intent is to empower you so you can speak your truth, feel more at “home” in yourself, body, identity, and live your dream life!
When we work together:
- Everything is an invitation.
- I am gentle & compassionate. My wish is to empower you to decide what feels right for you and speak your truth. You aren’t expected to do something you don’t want to do
- Healing can be creative & playful.
- In moments when life feels heavy or when words don’t do justice to how you really feel, together we will explore creativity, dance, music, art, & poetry, in that creativity can reach deeper parts of ourselves words cannot.
- You are welcome just as you are. Your culture is welcome.
- I just want you to be you in a world that's constantly trying to change you
From nonprofits to state agencies, such as The Liberation Institute, residential treatment centers like Progress Foundation, and universities such as San Francisco State University, I’ve liberated individuals, couples, and women’s groups to navigate multicultural experiences, sexuality, their bodies, sexual trauma, & religious trauma.
I make therapy accessible to people across cultures through bridging eastern practices with western talk therapy. In addition, to talk therapy, I embrace creativity, music, dance, and art as healing tools in moments when words don’t do justice or when you have a desire to self-express and explore through other ways than just talking.
I am passionate about decolonizing therapy & indigenous healing practices for bodies of color and empowering BIPOC populations to remember, reclaim, & reawaken all the wisdom that has either been lost or buried due to colonization.
- Young Adult: 18-25
- Adults: 25-65
- Persons Recovering from Traumatic Events/Experiences
- Persons with Histories of Childhood Sexual Abuse
- Persons with Histories of Physical or Emotional Abuse
Racial Trauma, Spiritual Seekers/Practitioners
- Expressive Arts Therapy
- Somatic Psychotherapy
- Trauma-Informed Psychotherapy
Dance Movement Therapy
Women & Femme Groups: Reclaiming Sexuality through Sacred Dance
Couple’s Sex Therapy Workshops
Hindi (proficient), Marathi (proficient)
- Credit Card
Although sliding scale spots are currently full & I do not take insurance, I may offer a “superbill” that can be submitted to your health insurance provider with which you can request a reimbursement for most PPO plans. You are responsible for payment of the fee during the time of service, however, your insurance may reimburse you for some portion of the fee. Please check with your insurance carrier directly to see if they cover out-of-network therapy.
Online Therapy Currently
Email firstname.lastname@example.org to book a Free 30-minute Consultation with me. Send your name, contact info, and any questions you have for me.
Supervised by Rawna Romero, LMFT 41466